How To Have A Lovely Day
I’ve decided to have a perfect day. Sure, I have a final exam tomorrow, but I’m off today with absolutely no plans, and I’m going to make the most of it.
It’s currently 9:30 in the morning, and this is what I’ve done so far. I will update this post in real time, as the day progresses!
1. Wake up bright and early, alarm clock-free.
2. Stretch by the window.
3. Make yourself a cup of your favorite tea, and put some upbeat music on. (For me, it was organic green tea & the soundtrack from Smash)
4. Sing and dance along!
5. Take a bath. Pop in a Lush bath bomb, if you have one. I used ‘Phoenix Rising’ – smells good enough to eat!
6. Browse the internet & blog while snuggled in your bath robe.
7. Have a healthy (and pretty) breakfast. I made organic apple cinnamon instant oatmeal with blackberries, strawberries, and blueberries.
8. Catch up on your shows. For me, that meant New Girl and Modern Family. Both such great episodes – I laughed all the way through each!
9. Make lunch. I had one of my favorite dishes: poached Atlantic salmon with a mixed greens and balsamic dressing salad.
10. Read a book. I’m reading “Love Letters of Great Men and Women”. Currently on the Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart chapter.
11. Make plans for another day with people you care about. While I rejoice in having a day to myself now and again, I have no aspirations of becoming a hermit. Friends are important!
12. Re-watch a favorite movie. I chose one of Marilyn Monroe’s famous films, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. She is divine in it!
13. Take a nap. Is there anything more deliciously luxurious than a cat nap?
14. Paint your nails. I used Maybelline’s “Love Me Lavender”, an absolutely gorgeous spring color.
15. Have dinner. I wasn’t feeling very hungry, so I just had some steamed peas and a sliced avocado with lime juice and spices.
16. And finally, regrettably – study. Studying for a final exam isn’t part of what a “perfect day” is for me, but hey – a girl’s gotta graduate!
* * *
What does your idea of a perfect day look like? Leave a comment! xx